Tuesday, November 23, 2010

#65 The Man Born Blind

John 9:1-41
One of my favorite stories in the Bible. As you may could guess, my favorite part is when the former blind man responds to the Pharisees. Fuel does another good job with this lesson hitting a lot of the background stuff to set the story in proper context. I think a class consuming discussion could easily develop in the area of God's judgment in the world (why do bad things happen). It's a discussion that young people need to have and come to a conclusion on. From a personal note I would point out that Judgment on sin in the Bible has common characteristics. The Salvation of believers and total destruction, ie The Flood & Sodom and Gomorrah. So where does that leave hurricanes, tornadoes, etc? You know I think I know, but I will leave it up to you. Good studying this week.

I'm enclosing a link to a book I am reading that Billy and I talked about. I highly recommend it for you to read and give to individual youth in your class. It's about an unreal teenager and his passion for God.

No comments: